Ready-to-use content modules allow your station to create a landing page centralizing H1N1 pandemic resources and information for your audience.
In the body of the page:
- Reference H1N1 background information and post a brief explanation of the H1N1 pandemic.
- Use the flu shot locator and list clinics in your area offering H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccinations.
- Share selected H1N1 FAQ’s and provide a link to the Flu.gov FAQ search tool.
- Display the latest NPR headlines related to H1N1. You can import this content via RSS feed, or embed a Yahoo Pipes widget or take advantage of the NPR API. Read more at the FluPortal guide to using the NPR API.
- Embed one of the available Flu maps listed in our guide to resources for station websites.
In the sidebar of the page:
- Record on-air promos and encourage host mentions of these features to drive traffic to you website.
- Provide a prominent link to your new H1N1 information page on your website homepage.
KCUR provides H1N1 background information and embeds the CDC FluView map.
WFPL promotes their H1N1 coverage with a prominent link on their homepage.
And on the FluPortal homepage, we’re using the NPR API and Yahoo Pipes widgets to display H1N1 news.